Wednesday 1 December 2010

Free entry for Challenge Henley? Yes please.

Right, so basically at the start of the month I entered a competition for a free place at Challenge Henley. To enter, I had to write (in 200 words) why they should chose me to get one of a two available free places. So I did.... And I got through to the next round. NICE!

Out of more than 100 people that entered, I and four others got chosen to be in the final five, and of this five two people will win the free places. Each of the final five's 200 word letters have been posted on the Challenge UK facebook page, and on the 14th December the two with the most 'likes' get the free places for Challenge Henley on the 18th September next year.

So whats the deal? Challenge Henley is an Ironman Distance Triathlon, which involves a 2 mile swim, a 112mile bike, and a marathon to finish! There's a reason why it's called Challenge... it's solid. Anyway these events are usually £300 to enter so if I got a free entry it would be pretty cool and also a massive test. Below is a video of the German Version of Challenge Henley, it's pretty cool.



To vote for me all you have to do is go to the Challenge UK facebook page here and 'like' that and then find my bit (Entrant 4: Ben Butler) and like that as well. If you can't find my blurby bit you can also find it here. Overall it should take less than a minute, unless you get lost somewhere.

Many thanks everyone, should be an interesting couple of weeks! Time to spam everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment